Monday, March 31, 2014

It's hard to be wanted on the level I am. I'm warm, toasty and delicious, but I have never been wanted like this before. Some man bought me, and was enjoying himself on a lovely, clear morning. He was tearing me apart with his fang-like teeth, which was a searing pain, but it's part of my job being a bagel, ya know? Suddenly, this little pip-squeak pigeon with alot of guts came hopping up thinking he was gonna get a piece of me, but really he couldn't resist my buttery aroma and he had his mind made up to devour all of me. The pigeon and the man start to fight over me, which I'm used to with the lady bagels, but man, they were really going at each other. I started to smell a burning, and not the burning that I smell every morning when I get toasted, but a real burning. Somehow, that idiotic pigeon got into some sort of metal contraption that was firing little lasers every which way! People were shrieking in terror, running wild in the streets. A car was completely engulfed in yellow flames. This is where it got bad on my end. The man in the black suit, held me over this flaming volcano like car, using me as some sort of bait to make the crazy pigeon chill his jets. The shooting stopped, and the street was still and quiet. It was like a scene out of one of those old western movies, a showdown. Being a bagel, I've never experienced heights of great distance, but today I did. I was thrown up into the air, a distraction of some sort I suppose. The pigeon left the metal contraption, and I saw my opportunity to get away from these two lunatics, so I twisted my body like a gymnast in the air, and landed perfectly in the metal box. I didn't mean to hit this little button, but in reality, it broke my fall so I was okay with it. I couldn't get the lid closed in time to hide from the man though, and next thing I know I'm locked in this box and it feels like I'm flying. This box was dark,and it smelt like the pigeon relieved himself in here and  wanted out. Suddenly, like my blessing was answered, The box popped open and leaped out, only to realize I was literally in the sky, and THE DANG BIRD WAS RIGHT BEHIND ME! It was colder up here than I had ever been before, and it was hard for me to breathe. I could feel my delicious buttery goodness losing warmth. I won 't lie, I panicked. When the bird grabbed me, I knew it was over. I was going to be pecked to death. I gave up hope. When the bird landed on the ground, myself in tow via beak, I began to whimper like a whipped puppy. Just as I saw the beak coming down to begin its painful and long torture, The pigeon looked up, and saw the man walking on by as if nothing ever happened, little metal box in tow. I saw my opportunity, and with all my strength, muscled my way up, and began to roll away down the rock hard sidewalk. Good thing I moved when I did too, because by the time the pigeon turned back, I was a few feet away. A loud crash, followed by thick, choking black smoke rolled out. I was thrown off balance. When I regained my bearing, the pigeon was no where to be seen, except the few floating feathers blowing in the wind. Some sort of plane of spaceship had fallen and crushed him. I was excited to live to be ate another day, but a squirrel scurried up to me with cheetah-like speed and before my muscles could react, I was toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment