Monday, March 24, 2014

warm up- I will never do that again.

I will never be unprepared again. That's a big statement, because it covers everything from school to personal life, but I will never be unprepared again. Being unprepared is something people do alot. It is human nature I believe to forget one or two things that you wind up needing. My real reason for never be unprepared is because in situations I have found myself in, being prepared is a vital role in life. I'm not going to indulge into scenarios where I wasn't, or someone I knew wasn't, prepared, but it is something that can change the outcome of a minute, a day, or a life. Prepardness is a responsibility that everyone should place upon themselves because it makes life easier when you have the things you need to work, study, or just purely function. Lots of people can make do without an item if they forgot it or didn't have it, but sometimes you can't, and this is why I will never be unprepared again. IT's the same concept of telling someone they should carry one item because it would lead to a positive outcome of a situation was solely dependent on one thing, would they have that one thing? Most people would make sure they had that one item. So why not make sure you had all items, just to be sure. Prepardness is neccessary, yet often overlooked and that can be a very uncomfotable situation to find yourself in.



She was blone. - Her hair remidned me or corn tassles. The color, the way it blew around her shoulders in the wind.


Toys are strewn about the room like a tornado blew through the house. Ear piercing shrieks and cries of a temper tantrum echo off each wall. The little child's face is so red it's almost orange, like a summer sunset, and I am suprised to not see steam rolling from their ears. Suddenly, the cries are quieted, and the house sounds like a monday morning church, because mom 's hand and the childs bottom resemble the same color, a pinkinsh red. Punishment was dealt it seems.


Chili all starts with the basics for me, meat, beans, and tomatoes. I grab a big pot out of the cabinet, and sit in on the stove, which is on low. On the back burner i have a skillet, which will be for my meat. There's probably some weird recipes that require different meat, but I like hamburger, after all, this is America we live in. So I throw some hamburger in the skillet and use this sweet little utensil that helps grind it up, after all I don't think anyone wants a spponful of just meat when they're eating chili. Once I get that all ground up and down to edible size, i just let it cook and I turn my attention to the other 2 main parts. Beans are a huge part of chili, and if you have ever been to a store before, you know there's 2000 different types of beans. I, personally, only use chili and kidney beans. Why kidney beans you ask? I really don't know, but if I had to guess it's because they taste slightly different and mix it up as I eat it. So I open those cans with a can opener, which takes forever because mine is junk and never seems to want to bite fully through the can. This leads to me normally cutting my finger on the can, which really ticks me off. Can openers and I have a love-hate relationship. Once i throw those in the pot, I do the same thing with tomatoes, normally just diced. After those simmer, and my meat is brown and not gonna kill me to eat it, we have a little wedding ceromony on the stove by adding the meat to the beans and tomatoes already cooking in the pot. I'll let this simmer on low, and get to THE number one rule in good chili, spices. Now, I enjoy spicy foods, so I just add salt and pepper and chili powder and cheyenne pepper until I think it suits my taste buds. I never measure it, just keep adding and adding until I think it's alright. Which normal leads to eyes watering because I went past the point of spicy and achieved extremely spicy. After this, I eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment